Funding your home

Gradual Homeownership boosts your budget to match the type of home you can already afford to rent.

We need a new way to buy homes...

...because lenders may not lend you enough. 

So, even if you can afford to rent a nice place, you still might find it difficult to buy the same type of home with a mortgage.

Gradual Homeownership is a new option for people who can't get what they need or want with a mortgage. 

Our Property Specialists take over

...we don't lend you any money!

Instead, we buy the home with you. If you pay for 5%, we pay for the remaining 95%. 

We buy it together, outright.

And because lending is the problem...

The money comes from our funding partners who are well-established institutions, like pension funds.

Where the money comes from

You own the share you bought and pay rent on the share they bought.

For them, your rent is a long term, low volatile investment, which gives them a steady return.

What's in it for them?

If the worst happens and we go out of business, you're not affected.

The agreements you sign are designed to continue independently of Wayhome.

The structure of the investment also means the funding partners cannot withdraw their money, so you're safe and protected. 

What if we go out of business?

As long as you keep up with rent and look after your home, nobody can ask you to leave.

Even if you start with our minimum 5%, you have the safety and security that comes with homeownership. 

Nobody can ask you to leave

Ready to become a homeowner?

Start application

Already started? 

*'we' 'us' and 'our' refer to Wayhome and/or their funding partners.

We make money by charging our funding partners a fee for helping them invest in residential property.

We have the right team to find the best homes, buy them at scale, and manage them over the long term which they're happy to pay for.

We don't charge you a penny. 

How we make money

Back to homepage

Ready to become a homeowner?

Start application

Already started?

*'we' 'us' and 'our' refer to Wayhome and/or their funding partners.

Keep your application moving

Unmortgage Ltd (registered in England and Wales, Company No. 10395239) and its subsidiaries comprise the Unmortgage Group. Our registered office is at 9 Appold St, London EC2A 2AP.

Wayhome is a trading name of the Unmortgage Group.

Unmortgage Arrangers Ltd, a subsidiary of Unmortgage Ltd (registered in England and Wales, Company No. 11842567), is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 838366) for arranging and administering insurance policies only and is also registered as an EMD Agent of Modulr FS Limited (Firm Reference Number 902968). Modulr FS Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution (Firm Reference Number: 900573). Your money is held in a segregated and safeguarded account under e-money regulation.

No other aspect of the Unmortgage Group’s business falls within the scope of financial services regulation. This means you do not have any of the protections under the FCA rules and do not have any cover from the Financial Ombudsman Scheme or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in relation to your interest in an LLP. Customers should ensure they understand what this means before they use the Wayhome product.

For full details relating to our regulatory position please see our Regulatory Information Page.

Wayhome Property Management Ltd, a subsidiary of Unmortgage Ltd, is a member of The Property Redress Scheme (membership number PRS025713), which covers activities in relation to the purchase of the home, the setting up and management of tenancy and the management of maintenance of the home.

Wayhome Nominees Ltd (registered in England and Wales, Company No. 13085562) is a subsidiary of Unmortgage Ltd.

Have any questions? Check out our FAQs